When you're pregnant with your first child, everyone wants to give you advice on parenting. You learn to take note of some ideas and let others go in one ear and out the other. I wanted share and document one of the sweetest words of advice from a fellow parent and friend, Sean Mizuno. I am posting this mostly for myself so that when the time comes to remember all these parenting tips I'll remember. If you all have any other thoughts on parenting, please share!
------------
Hey Leslie,
Just wanted to let you know how happy we are for you guys! You'll both
be such wonderful parents, I know you know, but life as you know it is
about to accelerate in another direction at ultramagnumquantam light
speed! Seriously, having a baby is such a fulfilling, enlightening,
magical miracle. You feel as if the heavens have blessed you with the most
perfect gift in the history of existence. Then you find yourself
waking up every three hours, every night, groggy as f**k, fumbling around in
the dark to feed him, changing nasty-ass stink bombs and you
realize....this is a ride that I don't get off of for another 18 years. Holy
Shit!!!
Then he looks at you and telepathically says, "So what are you gonna do
for me? How are you gonna teach me about this crazy-ass world we live
in and will you promise to always look out for me and hold me when I'm
sick and check me when I cross the line and sacrifice your personal
desires just to take care of me and love me forever and ever and always?
And you'll wipe away a tear, look deep into his eyes and answer, "Yes,
yes, yes." And then after a few weeks, months, years, you realize that
he is the one that is taking care of you. Providing you with guidance,
motivation and constant wonder. And you realize that this is what life
is all about. Welcome to the life of parenthood, it's the best!
Congratulations,
Sean
July 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That was beautiful! Leave it to Sean :)
I don't know him, but I pretty much agree with him 100%. You might feel like you're bipolar some days...one minute you can't believe you've created such a monster and the next you really can no longer imagine your life without him in it! It is all craziness...but amazing craziness!
Get ready for the wild ride!
Post a Comment