www.flickr.com
astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset

July 19, 2005

My Own Private Girlfriend's Guide


One of the 'hottest" books on the pregnancy market is the "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnany." Personally, I've found the book to be a little disturbing - kind of like advice to pregnant women a la Glamour Magazine which include fashion tips like "Pregnant women should not wear sleeveless tops." Instead of this frivolous book, forunately, I've had my own private girlfriends guide to pregnancy - Teresa is just one trimester ahead of me and we have been sharing the emotional and physical changes of pregnancy with each other.

Teresa is like my road map for what's to come, even though I know that all pregnancies are different. We have shared all the weird changes that our bodies have gone through from big blue veins in our chest to the nasty dark line up our bellies to all kinds of weird skin discolorations and of course the exciting things too like the first kick, choosing names, sharing ultrasounds.

I can't wait for her baby's arrival! Just about two more weeks. I'm sure that this is only the beginning of sharing tips and supporting each other.

1 comment:

nitoito said...

It looked better in real life and belly to belly!