The juice is loose! Wait, back up. I went in for my weekly exam and to the Dr. and to my surprise I was two and a half centimeters dilated, but she didn't seem concerned and said, "See you next week!" So I went back to the office but was in a bit of a panic to hurry and pass things on. Steve and I ate our last quiet dinner consisting of stale couscous, green beans and jalapeno sausages. I rested in bed while Steve cleaned up. Noelle helped pull the car seat out to prepare for Rockett's ride home. Noelle and Steve suggested that I saranwrap my body to protect the precious California King size mattress from the bags of water.
Fast forward four hours... Steve and I finally fell asleep after he prepared himself for his long commute to Santa Barbara. At 3:15am I flew out of bed because of the sudden gush. I went through my last three pairs of clean panties and four pads and was able to save the mattress from the gush. Meanwhile Steve did last minute packing, while I rested in preparation for my marathon. We decided to take our time. I wasn't having any consistent contractions.
We arrived at the hospital at 5:30... After I powered through four or five big contractions, I was happy to see the anesthesiologist. And now, 2 cranberry juices, one Sudoko, and a few power naps, I'm still waiting.
It's 2:00 and with the wonders of technology, Steve and Noelle are helping me write this blog with the wireless connection in the room while I go through my contractions. To be continued...
October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
yay! i just got a call from noe-ru and she told me you updated the blog. i will be checking it perioducally. i called the maternity ward ans they told me i could bring lucy in as long as she doesn't ahve a cold. she had a cough last week but she is all better...we want to try and come by tonight or tomorrow morning...let me know!
Just my luck to catch you at the most exciting point in your pregancy! Hang in there Les. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you and the little family you are about to create. Good luck...now PUSH!
jkbrows
Woohoo! Can't believe you're in a sane state of mind to update your blog! Raul, JJ and I are sending you healthy, painless, minimal rippage vibes!
Oh wow! So exciting!!
Enjoy the moment when baby comes out... there is nothing like it. The best days of mine and Sean's life were the days our boys were born.
You're almost there!!
Les and Steve, I'm so excited! I'll be in Pasadena tomorrow so expect a visit! Push, breathe and send him out fast! love you both, Kiva
Post a Comment