www.flickr.com
astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset

September 24, 2005

LIfelong Friends

It's been a while since I've written, partially because I have been sleeping, but also because I have been really busy with work. We are just a few days away from our big 35th Anniversary event for Visual Communications. I've been working seven days a week, and more than nine hours a day--except for Wednesdays.

Wednesdays are Birthing Class days. I am fortunate to have two birthing partners - Steve and Noelle. They are the comic relief and the peanut gallery. Noelle keeps reminding us that these classes are where we're supposed to find lifelong friends (LLF). So far though there's been no signs of LLF. Steve refuses to be friends with people that laugh at the corny jokes that the teacher tells (although the last few classes I've caught him chuckling). Noelle is the closest to making LLF - a Korean woman in the class is partner-less and has adopted Noelle as her surrogate.

Last week we took at tour of the maternity ward and nursery. We're six weeks away from our due date and as corny as the teacher is, we are learning some important information and more importantly techniques to get us through the labor process. I'm actually feeling pretty relaxed and excited about the delivery. Just can't wait to meet the little baby!

No comments: