
Labor Day 2005 - Over the last four years, I've been working on producing a documentary on Asian American labor issues, Grassroots Rising--documenting the stories of Asian immigrant workers in LA. But these days I have a different kind of labor on my mind.
We spent the long weekend in Cardiff, our last weekend of rest and relaxation and watching the Discovery Health Channel. The very first time I watched the "Special Delivery" show, I cried. This time it wasn't so scary as it was anxiousness and anticipation of labor. I am reaching the point where I am physically slowing down and ready to have my own body back. The baby is moving around quite a bit and there is very little room in there for him, so the movements are tight and jarring. I'm also getting more and more uncomfortable so I'll probably be blogging more and more these last two months.
We're both growing--I have gained 22 lbs and the baby is weighing in at 3 lbs 12 oz. I've decided I better scale back on the ice cream and sweets these last two months so I'm back to the high protein diet.


No comments:
Post a Comment