It's been nearly a month since my last posting. Austin marks the end of a painless pregnancy. My fibroids have begun to degenerate causing excruciating pain. Some times a dull ache, other times it feels like an open wound and then a stabbing pain. Sometimes I can barely get from the bed to the bathroom. It hurts to have clothing against my skin. I went to see the doctor and she prescribed Vicodin - she says there's a chance that the baby could be born with a small addiction, but its not a big deal. Yikes, sounds serious to me so I've used the pills sparingly, trying to tolerate the pain as best as I can. The fibroid is also pressing against my nerves in my leg and lower back. I'm trying desperately not to be a miserable pregnant lady.
The doctor also prescribed bed rest. So I spent a week and a half in bed. Now I have insomnia! I can't seem to lie down and sleep for more than a few hours at a time - so I file paid bills, clean up, do email, eat a snack, call the east coast.
My latest addiction, which I am positive is not harmful to the baby, is Sudoku. A Japanese puzzle that the Los Angeles Times just started running on a daily basis. It's based on numbers and much more fun than crossword. It keeps me busy in the wee hours of the night. One morning I woke at 4:45 am to get the paper and finished the puzzle before Steve woke up. We've done every puzzle since they started publishing them. Check out the website: www.sudoku.org.uk
Forgot to mention...it's a boy!
July 7, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment