www.flickr.com
astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset

July 13, 2005

23 and Nesting


Week 23 (out of 38) of the pregnancy. Today I weighed in at 104 lbs - still can't seem to catch my 107 lb seven-year old cousin, damn! Next month for sure! But I have gained 9 lbs total which is pretty much on target. The fibroid pain continues to come and go. But the doctor says the baby is healthy. We heard his heartbeat today and when the doctor was searching for it he kicked her, so it feels like he's going to be a feisty one! He's been rolling around in there lately, especially after a jolt of sugar and when we're riding in the car (those Wong boys love their cars! He's starting young).

Steve is nesting - our home is becoming more and more like an adult home, with a new Dutch Modern mid-century dining room set that expands for a dinner party for 12, plus a coffee table. Gone are the days when he and I used to sit at the kitchen counter and eat dinner. Phase II & III of Nesting is to pack up Steve's studio and convert it into a second bedroom and then get the nursery ready. Then comes the baby proofing which is another huge job, especially with a house built in the 1950s with all that lead paint!

Quila doesn't know yet what's to come. I think he is a little thrown off by my frequent trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and my 4 am email and snack attacks. He follows me in the middle of the night and lays down wherever I'm at. He's also getting adjusted to the new furniture - less room for him to run around now.

The sun is coming up - time for my peanut butter toast and a few more hours of sleep before I go to work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute preggy lady! Nine whole pounds? Give me a break sister!
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

By the way, you can actually call us if you're up early in the morning....we're usually up too...well...for sure Paul is up!

Take care,
T, P, J and C

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, Leslie! I was more struck by how big your _head_ looked! It's as big as your belly! (Must be the angle of the camera, huh?)
- Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a cut bug you are! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to sing to that tummy!

Love, Titi

Anonymous said...

GEEEEZ!!!!

Did you gain those 9 pounds on your 5head?

Teresa said...

It's week 23 out of 40-42! Don't fool yourself. :) Glad to see you fixed your head.

nitoito said...

For your sake I hope your kid doesn't have a head that size! Ouch!