www.flickr.com
astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset astrobuddha's Rockett And Zoe photoset

November 1, 2007

Haircut for Zoe

Dear Abby,

For my son's 1st birthday I gave him a Mohawk . Do I do the same with my daughter for her 1st birthday? Someone mentioned to me that “girls” shouldn’t have Mohawks, which made me want to do it even more. I don’t want her to think when she grows up that we only did the crazy things with our son, and I certainly don’t want her gender to prevent us from doing anything differently. Any thoughts? Any alternatives?

Sincerely,

Concerned father fretting about the trivial things in life while we are killing children in Iraq.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you should do it! and then shave the it all off after a couple of days! the alternatives would be piercings and tattoos but that's like way extreme. i like the new layout!

things 1 and 2 said...

well, to be honest, i voted for the mullet--a CHINESE mullet, that is--but after reading your post, steve, i say go for the mohawk! or not! either way, no right or wrong choice....

Jenni said...

i've been wondering if i shaved maiya's head if that would help her hair to grow. almost 3 and she's never had a haircut. she still doesn't have any natural bangs. The bangs where her hairline is barely 1/4 - 1/2 inch long. what looks like bangs on her is actually combover from the top of her head. i once cut about 5 strands of hair that were hanging in her eye, one piece at a time. i'm pretty positive that at 2 1 /2, she wouldn't let me come near her head with a scissors, much less a buzzer, and i would have to do it while she was sleeping, as i have to do to cut her nails. so whichever way you go, do it before she's 2 1/2. ok, sorry to blog on your comments.

astrobuddha said...

hey jenni, i've actually that it's a myth that hair grows back fuller after it's shaved or cut. I can't remember the source where I herd that though... Zoe also has really short bangs. Everybody thinks we cut her bangs in a straight line, but it actually grows that way. Anyways, if you do decide to cut her hair, I hope it goes smoothly.