Today, I had two comments that made me feel a little sensitive about the pregnancy. 1) Are you having twins?! Now why would anyone ask a stupid question like this?! Of course it was a man! 2) Are you overdue? Ugh, no I have one more month to go!
I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Here's an update on what's been happening:
- I've gained 29 lbs - 4 lbs just in the last two weeks!
- On Tuesday, I discovered dark pink stretch marks on my butt - I'm just glad they're in a place I cannot readily see them!
- We had two very nice baby showers last weekend - one traditional one with ladies, china, blue ribbons and chocolate molded baby shoes -- the other with the VC, which of course was non traditional, no games, just good company -- and both had delicious food!
- Steve started his first real 9-5 job at LTSC's Diskovery Center. We're both trying to adjust to the routine of a new job (and figure out what to do with the baby when we both have to go back to work).
- My belly button has officially popped. Grandma keeps telling me to stop showing people because its gross, but I can't help it. It's so nasty I just want to pull up my shirt and show everyone!
- The nursery just needs a few coats of paint and its pretty much ready to go. I've even bought diapers to get ready for his arrival.
- Steve and I have officially graduated from our Birthing Class! We didn't come away with any Life Long Friends, but we are a little more educated on what to expect during labor.
- I am starting to wind down at work...putting my maternity plan into place, delegating tasks and trying to get as much done as possible.
October 7, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment